Well, we had a visitor in the bedroom. Of the lizard variety (actually, I think it's a skink?).
I spied it earlier in the day and tried my best to wrangle it out of the house, but, being faster than me (which isn't saying much....) it made it's way under the dresser and refused to budge. So, I left it to rot.

Later on I walked into the bedroom to get something, and came face to foot with the little bugger (his face, my feet). He had travelled across the bedroom to his new hiding place - under my bed. When I saw him again, he was just making his way out from under there, so we had a staring contest for a minute or two. Naturally, I called Ben in there to see it. It's not everyday a boy gets to see a real lizard in his mommy and daddy's bedroom, y'know....

Of course, Ben runs straight toward it; causing said lizard/skink to high-tail it back under the bed. Great. I'm destined to sleep with a lizard carcass under my bed?

Well, not being easily offended (obviously) Ben got down on his hands and knees, pulled up the bed skirt and said at the top of his lungs, "Wizzard! Where ARREE jew??" (had a little trouble with his y's and j's).

Then, "Wizzard!! COMMEEERRR!!"

Had I not recently emptied my bladder, I probably would have at that point......
I just wish we had cameras taping at the time....mighta won on America's Funniest.

Never caught the wizzard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated! (and I'm gettin' lonely here)