Vitamin Ben

Was able to see my little man in action this morning in his Pre-K class (without having to go all undercover....y'know - hiding behind door-frames, peeking around corners, etc.).

This week, little man has been crowned "Teachers Helper" -- with all the glory and responsibility that goes along with such a highly decorated and coveted title. So, before I left to go home and wonder what to do with myself all day; little man asked me if I would stay for a little while while he led the class in reciting the days of the week and the months of the year (in both Spanish and English, mind you). Then, they did the Pledge of Allegiance (oh yes, they did!) Woo hoo! The full version, not the watered down, leave "under God" out, PC version.
Now, he, nor any of his classmates, got it completely right, but they sure tried. It was too cute.

What just melted me (yes, I leave little puddles of myself wherever I am, it seems, when dealing with this kids' toxic, kryptonite cuteness) was how proud he was to be up in the front of the class -being the one to lead them - and the fact that his Mommy was there to see it all. To see the smile on his face was just the greatest. I felt my face completely reflecting that smile and I hope he could see how proud I was of him. I know, I know, it wasn't brain surgery; but hey, he's only 4 and this is a big deal!

So, there. There's your dose of cuteness to get you through the day. It cures what ails ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated! (and I'm gettin' lonely here)