Merry Christmas!

Man, it's been a while. Sorry.

Can I tell you how great it is that Christmas is almost here? Can I? Can I?
The sweetest little man is just over the moon about it, and it's rubbing off on his mama. We took our annual trip to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge a couple of weeks ago. We love making a trip up in early fall to see the leaves when they're putting on their show; but since the arrival of the little man 4 years ago, we've discovered another reason to make a trip in December.

The real Santa Claus lives in Pigeon Forge. Yes, he does. Oh, and he sings and plays the guitar.

On our inaugural visit to this magical, amazing Christmas store (really, I've never seen anything like this place) we got there right as Santa started a song. There were probably 5-6 kids sitting on little benches down in front of him as he sang. They were entranced.
So was I.

I listened to Santa sing as I held my little man. I was a goner. I had my sweet boy in my arms and I watched his eyes as he was so captivated by Santa.
The wonder, the awe. Santa!

I couldn't help it; I had tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat and all I needed was a little push and I would have gone full-out blubbering, over the edge.

His song? "Thank God for Kids".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHWaTXMKT3s
(ok, so the video is a little cheesy, but the words.....sheesh! I'm all verklempt!)

Yep. Thank God for kids. And I do. This sweet, precious little boy - thank you, God.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated! (and I'm gettin' lonely here)