hello? hello?

Just got in from the hospital about, oh, I guess 45 mins to an hour ago. Empty house. No note, no message. No sign of my guys. So, I place a call to the sweetest hubby's phone, but no answer. Hmm. Leave message, then wait for a response. Patiently.
Time passes.

Tried again to reach my guys. No answer.

One last time. Phone rings the obligatory 4-5 times, then straight to phone mail. Ugh. Hate phone mail. Since the first message I left hasn't been responded to, I hang up. The phone rings in my hand before I can even put it down.

me: hello?

him: hey, mommy. (do you know how much I LOVE being called mommy?!)

me: hey, baby! what are you doing, sweetie?

him: daddy's phone was ringing. is it charged now?

me: where's daddy? did you hear the phone ringing?
(I was a little confused. I had ended the call, or so I thought, so I wasn't even sure how he had gotten through.....)
did you call mommy?

him: i pushed the green button.

me: (still confused, but whatever.....) you answered daddy's phone?
how did you know what button to push?

him: yes. i pushed the green button.
i don't know.

A few seconds later, I hear the sweetest hubby's voice with an incredulous tone asking the little man what he's doing with his phone.

him: (matter-of-factly) talkin' to mommy.

Sweetest hubby figured it all out. Little man heard the phone ringing but before he could get to it, I'd hung up. But he didn't know that, so he pushed the green button to talk and that made the phone dial the last number received - mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated! (and I'm gettin' lonely here)