One time, at band camp....

Beautiful day today. Nice and breezy, a little overcast, cool. Had the screen door and windows open to enjoy it all. So nice.

Have I mentioned we live within spittin' distance to a high school? No? Well, we do.

Oh, did I mention we live within spittin' distance to a high school with a marching band? No? Well, we do.

And, did I mention we live within spittin' distance to a high school with a marching band that practices every stinkin' day? All. Day. Long.

Now, I really, really love marching bands - not as much as my sweet seester, but hey, that's a given: she's a band nerd - but I do enjoy watching them march and listening to them play their music. But, please.

Oh, we can't see the field; there's houses and a major roadway and lots of trees betwixt our house and the school....but, by gum (!) we can certainly hear every note played. To top it off, the band director has a microphone that blasts his every verbal utterance over the amplifiers at the football field. Arggghhh.

So, today while we enjoyed the lovely weather, we also got to enjoy the band play basically the same thing over and over and over and over. All.Day.Long.
Not sure what they were doing wrong, but for some reason, the director made them play it repeatedly.
And we got to listen to it repeatedly. Oh, and btw, it sounded exactly the same every single time they played it. Every single time.
Joy.

1 comment:

  1. My pulse quickened a bit when I read the title....then I got to the part where your seester was the band nerd and not you....Oh well, it was a great story anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated! (and I'm gettin' lonely here)