A Moment Captured



I found a picture of you.

You were maybe four or five years old, I'm not sure. You're holding a water gun in your hands, and the look on your face is so serious. I wonder what you're thinking about? Your mouth is open, just a little. What were you about to say, buddy?
The sun is shining on your soaking wet hair - I'm not sure if it's wet from sweat or the water gun battle - or both!  I see your little-boy-dirty-streaked face, with your eyes shining.  I remember that brown and blue shirt that you're wearing - how many times did I wash that thing?
I can even recall the smell of that little boy, with his ever-present wiggling, moving, noise, and sweetness.
I remember that day - it was warm, the sun was shining on us, out in the backyard. I look at that picture and it was only a handful of years ago, but so long ago, really.
 
You turned 11 a few days ago.  Eleven, my little boy with the bluest eyes.
 
I'm so proud of you!  You make me happy, and I have been incredibly blessed to be your Mom.
 
Happy Birthday, my sweetest boy.  I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Name: BroadBase Media
    Your email address: affiliates@broadbasemedia.com
    Subject: Working together.

    Message:
    Hi,

    We manage the Affiliate Program for several websites that we think may be a great fit for you and your audience. These sites include www.ergobaby.com, www.orbitbaby.com and www.skyniceland.com. Please let us know if you would have some time to chat, or shoot us an email and we can discuss further.
    Thank you in advance

    Marc

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated! (and I'm gettin' lonely here)