Happy Birthday Sweetest Boy

Little man,
You're sleeping now. You breathe in and out. Your eyelashes, so long and soft, still and quiet on your sweet face. Your beautiful mouth is open a little; sometimes you speak a word or two straight out of your dream - what is your dream tonight, baby? Could it be dinosaurs or Transformers, Power Rangers and fighting Bad Guys? My little man - you're always the Good Guy - keep the town safe. Sweet dreams, little man.
I remember the very first time I saw your beautiful face. You came into our home and into our hearts in the arms of one of God's special angels - and our lives haven't and will not ever be the same again.
Your light shines so brightly it's sometimes blinding. Your spirit fills the room. I watch you from a distance and see the changing expressions on your face and am still amazed at this gift God has given us. I see your happiness overflowing even when you are just outside playing, or running for the sheer joy of running; your energy is abundant and contagious. I see your eyes sparkle and your entire face break into a smile when you run from home plate to first base - your batting helmet too big, wobbling on your noggin - you sneak a peek at the bleachers to see if I'm watching. Yes, baby. I'm watching - I'll always be there to cheer you on - whatever you choose to do. I love to watch you and Daddy give each other high-fives when you make it to first base after taking a serious whack at the t-ball.
I love your voice - silly and serious, early-morning hoarseness, or late-night sleepiness - my favorite words in the whole wide world: "hey, ma-ma". If I could bottle that sound and have nothing else to hear the rest of my life, I'd take it and consider it enough.
You made our life so sweet when you came through our door. You're loved so much, my little man. You celebrate your birthday this week and we celebrate with you. You're a whole hand now! You're going to be 5 years old. Unbelievable. My fairy tale happily ever after has reached another precious milestone. I thank God for this; I thank God for you, my one and only sweet little boy. Your Daddy and me love you so, so much.
Happy Birthday my sweet, sweet 5 year old.
I love you,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sweetest Boy!!!
    We all love you too and hope you have the bestest birthday ever!
    Hugs...Kisses...AND MORE!!
    Aunt Charlene and Uncle Mick
    and
    the rest of the bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. posted by me for a friend:


    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LITTLE MAN, BEN!!! WOW! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE A WHOLE HAND THIS COMING FRIDAY!!! YOU ARE SUCH A HANDSOME LITTLE BOY, WHOSE SMILE LIGHTS UP THE ROOM!!! I HOPE YOU WILL KNOW HOW MUCH WE LOVE YOU. HUGS AND KISSES...



    I LOVE YOU!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated! (and I'm gettin' lonely here)