Retraction

Ah. Um, so I have to take back everything I said about little man and this new found love he has with our new hometown.
Amazing the difference in 24 hours.

Left for school yesterday morning after much crying, whining, fussing, pleading...you get the idea. Someone did not want to go to school. I'm sure the culprit was in his not getting enough sleep and just being overly tired (mommy relaxes the bedtime when daddy is out of town) - (mommy always seems to forget that she will have heck to pay for this little bit of insanity).

So, we're up and I'm trying my best to get little man fed, dressed, teeth brushed, hair combed and out the door; all the while listening to, "but I don't want to go to school!" and, "I don't like my school!" and, "I want to stay home wif you!"
He sees that I'm in my scrubs, so you'd think he'd realize I'm not staying home today either, but I guess that's too much to expect for him to put two and two together on this particular morning. Out the door, his feet dragging to the car; begging and pleading now (me) and into the car we go. I'm trying my best to understand and rationalize with him, when I think - compassion. So, I ask him if I don't go to work, who's gonna take care of all the sick people at the hospital that need me?
Completely quiet from the back seat. Nothing for a few seconds....but his wheels are turning, I can hear 'em. Oh yeah.

He pulls out the big guns.

"But Mommy, I need you."

Yep. He's better at this than I am. He plays me like a piano. I'm a sucker - but not today.

At the school, I come around to let him out of the car - only slightly whining now. He's dropped his bomb so I guess he thought a quiet whine would have the best effect.
Big hug at the car door and an offer to carry him inside made it all better. I did not cave in. I scooped my 40+ pounder up, along with the twenty other things that had to be carried in, and walked into the school.
Another big hug, kiss and an I love you in his classroom and I was out the door. He was fine.

Me? Not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated! (and I'm gettin' lonely here)