First Grader

I've got your brand-spankin' new backpack all ready.   Your lunchbox is packed with all the things you told me that you wanted to take.  I ironed your clothes, for what good it'll do - they'll be wrinkled before they've been on your body for 30 seconds.   Got ya the fastest tennis shoes we could find - and after a day of arguing and whining practice, you can even tie the laces! Yay!  I even bought you new socks and underwear.   I want your first day of school to be THE BEST.  Top to bottom.

We celebrated your "Last Free Day" today, thanks to your Daddy.  We had a great time together,  just the three of us; our little family.   It was your special day.  
Roller skating this afternoon, you turned to us and asked, "Well, how'd I do?" 
I said, "Awesome!" 
Daddy said, "Great job, bud!"  
You said, "I was looking for amazing."

You got it, bud.  You're amazing to me.  And Daddy.   Happy First Day of 1st Grade my little man.   I'll miss you being here with me on my days off.   You go, though, and show everybody else how amazing you are. 






   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated! (and I'm gettin' lonely here)