Happy 6th Birthday, Ben!!!

You went to bed 5 years old.  You woke up this morning and you had miraculously turned 6!!  You're 6 years old!!   Where has the time gone, little man? 

Yesterday, you were just a little bigger than your (now favorite) stuffed bear named Bear.

Yesterday, you were all snuggled in your little onesie, playing with your feet.  I gave you your bottle and you fell asleep with your belly full.

Yesterday,  I held you in my arms while I rocked you and sang to you.  Daddy doesn't know our secret; that I would sit with you in my lap all day, just so I could look at you and memorize your every feature,  only getting up to go to the bathroom or to make you another bottle. 

Yesterday, you had your first day of preschool.  I took you and left you there at the school, worrying that you'd miss me or be scared - I was worried for nothing.  You had a ball.

Yesterday, I surprised you by meeting your class at the Aquarium for your field trip.  Your face lit up so bright when I told you that I'd been able to get off work unexpectedly and I could stay - and you didn't let go of my hand all day!

Yesterday, you started Kindergarten! You were so excited to be able to ride the school bus for the first time.  You got on board with a wave and a smile and never looked back.

Yesterday, you rode your bike without the training wheels for the first time.  We took the training wheels off and we gave it our best shot, and off you went!  Now, you're doing tricks and nothing scares you at all.  You were so excited to show Daddy your new accomplishment.

Yesterday,  you wrapped Daddy and me around your little finger.  Today, tomorrow and forever you will always be my baby.  I'm so thankful to God for the special gift of YOU.   Your heart, your spirit, your love of life,  your energy, your beauty.   All are gifts I'll treasure all the days of my life.

Happy 6th Birthday my little man.  Mommy loves you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated! (and I'm gettin' lonely here)