backyard blessings

We made our first fire in the firepit the other night.  I'd bought hotdogs and marshmallows so we could enjoy some nice, charred food.  I hear it's good for digestion.

We sat around the fire with our weenies in the fire wire-coat-hanger-impaled-supper and dessert (not at the same time, that's just gross) and talked about life and anything else that came to our minds.  The first songs from the frogs down at the creek started just after dark.  We made little man hush (not an easy task) so he could hear them; that little city boy has so much to learn about living in the country!   I asked him - "what do you think they're saying, bud?"
 
His answer?

 "they're saying thank you, God".


Yep, bud.  I think they are.  I really think they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated! (and I'm gettin' lonely here)