Fill 'er up!

Picked up the big boy from school yesterday. Because it was a work day for me, he had to go to ASP, so he missed riding the bus home. After I sign him out, they'll call for him with a walkie-talkie, and shortly thereafter I'll see him walking down the hallway toward me. Occasionally, I'll get a hug and a "hi, Mom" Always, I'll get a smile.

Yesterday, I got both ~ and ~ I got to hold his hand as we walked to the car. I asked him about his day.

"It was good."

I told him I missed him today and that I'd thought about him during my day at work.

"Ok" (love it when he really opens up to me and we have these deep conversations)

Quiet for a second, then:

"Remember when I gave you the kiss and said this is for you to keep?"

I smiled to myself in the drivers seat and said, yes, I did, but I think I'm running low.
From the back seat, I heard him make a mmmm...smaaaacckkk-ing sound...

"There! That'll hold you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated! (and I'm gettin' lonely here)