Graduation Day

Yesterday was another one of those 'I can't believe how fast time flies' moments. We celebrated the littleman's preK graduation. Can it be true? In a few short months, he'll be going to Kindergarten. 'Big School', as he calls it. Amazing.

We gathered out on the playground with the other parents, grandparents and families to wait on the graduates to come outside. Sweetest hubby and me climbed up to the top of the play equipment to get a good viewing/picture-taking platform. Then, here they come; in single file - some were walking with their heads straight forward, some were waving, some looked completely bored, some smiled, some looked thrilled and excited. Mine was one of the excited, smiling, waving ones. He was thrilled with the pomp and circumstance. They came to their chairs and were seated as one. An announcement by one of the teachers and then my baby and two others came forward to the platform to say the pledge. My baby! He stood up there in front of everybody, with his hand over his heart and a smile on his lips and said the pledge of allegiance - and I could hear his sweet voice above the crowd - he wasn't a bit nervous. (or it didn't show!)

Another song, then the teachers handed out gifts to their room moms and then they started giving out the certificates to the kids. Little man smiled from the moment he stood up till the moment he sat down.

Ok. So I kinda got a little moist behind my sunglasses....it was hot out there. Shut up. It was.

I'm so happy that he feels so comfortable at his preschool, I know that he's loved there.
Soon, we'll start a new chapter in littleman's life. The beginning of elementary school.
I can't believe how fast time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated! (and I'm gettin' lonely here)