Happy Birthday, sweet friend

Today is your birthday and I've got a bone to pick with you. I want to tell you a few things. So sit down. And hush.

1) I think you are just the cat's meow; I want to be just like you when I grow up.
2) I think I've never met anyone so beautiful - inside and out.
3) I think you are the epitome of Southern Hospitality, grace, beauty, warmth, humor, style, and class.
4) I think I've never tasted anything better than your cakes.
5) I think you work too hard.
6) I think I would have loved to have you for a sister for all my life, not just the last 10 years or so.
7) I think I'll never have a better choir buddy and I miss standing next to you every Sunday morning. And Wednesday night.
8) I think I want your clothes. And your shoes. So, hand 'em over.
9) I think you are the most beautiful Grandmother I've ever seen.
10) I think your husband is a nut (not earth-shattering news, everybody knows that)
11) I think you are talented beyond belief. And humble to boot.
12) I think you are smarter than a 5th grader.
13) I think I would have loved for my son to have had you for a Sunday school teacher.
14) I think I miss you something terrible.
15) I think I need a tissue.
16) I think God loves you very much.
17) I think I do too.
18) I think I need another tissue.
19) I think you're my hero and quite possibly an angel here on earth.
20) I think there's no possible way that you're 60 years old today. Oops, was that a secret?
21) I think I'm so very thankful that you have occupied the same place in time with me - my life wouldn't be the same without knowing you.
22) I think I'm so very grateful for the friendship and love you've offered me and my family.
23) I think I've been so very blessed to have you in my life.
24) I think I need another tissue.

Have a wonderful day, my sweet, sweet friend. I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated! (and I'm gettin' lonely here)